GDPR Compliance Summary
It is our intention to fully comply with all General Data Protection Regulations, a privacy law from the European Union. Here is a summary of what information might be collected, and how it’s used:
- The only personal information collected is that which you share directly, typically by entering your name and email on a form in order to receive something. And if you send Dan an email, he will obviously have your email address, and probably your name too. YOUR DATA IS NEVER SHARED, SOLD, OR TRADED. Your name and email are only used for communications from Dan (or possibly his administrative assistant).
- If you don’t want to get any more emails from Dan, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
- If you purchase something from Dan or from the BeatingSugarAddiction.com website, your purchase information may be stored by a third-party (typically PayPal). NONE OF YOUR PURCHASE DATA IS STORED BY BEATINGSUGARADDICTION.COM.
- Dan’s email lists are maintained by a company called Aweber. AWeber Systems, Inc. participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. AWeber Systems, Inc. is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
The only web tracking that is done by BeatingSugarAddiction.com:
- If you use facebook, you may have seen or clicked on a facebook ad from Dan DeFigio/BeatingSugarAddiction.com. Some web pages and some facebook ads have tracking codes embedded in them, which will keep track of BeatingSugarAddiction.com web activity, such as what pages on this site were looked at, or whether or not you’ve seen a particular facebook ad. This information is stored by Facebook, not by BeatingSugarAddiction.com.
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
The information collected by Beating Sugar Addiction falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by users to our Site and the Beating Sugar Addiction email management software and (2) Tracking information recorded by your web browser, our web site hosting service, or web sites that link to BeatingSugarAddiction.com. Some of this information is “personally identifiable information,” but most of it is not. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies a particular person or a specific electronic device.
Your email address will only be saved if you opt to receive any of the free materials offered on the Site, if you purchase anything from the Site, or if you send an email via the Site’s contact page. You email address will never be shared, rented, or sold to a third party.
If you make purchases or sign up to receive materials, we may use your contact information to notify you of other products and services of interest. You can unsubscribe from any of our email lists at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email. We comply with all ICANN anti-spam requirements and practices.
When you visit the Site, your web browser may record your browsing history or other cookies/pixels, depending on how your internet browser settings are configured. Visitors to the Site may receive advertisements and/or offers sent specifically to devices that have visited the Site.
In connection with the standard operation of Site, certain non-personally identifiable information about visitors is recorded. This information is used primarily to determine where the Site’s visitors come from. We may use this information in an aggregate, non-personally identifiable form to measure the use of our Site and determine which content, products, or services are the most popular with Site users.
What We Disclose and To Whom
We consider any personally identifiable information that you provide as confidential. We will not disclose any personally identifiable information about you to any affiliates or to others who work for us. We will not share, sell, or rent your email address to any other individual or company.
We may be required by law or legal process to disclose certain personally identifiable information without notice or consent, in order to comply with a valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant.
How We Collect Information
The cookies we use don’t directly identify users of our Site as particular persons, with the exception of Facebook’s cookies, which could be traced to identify the identity of the Facebook user.
Third Party Websites
Changes to Beating Sugar Addiction user information, including without limitation your confidential and non-confidential personally identifiable information, may be disclosed and/or transferred as part of a restructuring, reorganization, merger, or acquisition of the Site or the sale of Beating Sugar Addiction assets.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
The State of California enacted the Shine the Light law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) that permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information during the past year for marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us at PO Box 150963, Nashville, TN 37215.
Beating Sugar Addiction is sensitive to the issue of children’s privacy. Our Site and Beating Sugar Addiction products and services are neither developed for, nor directed at, children under the age of 18. If you believe your child under the age of 18 has provided Beating Sugar Addiction with personally identifiable information, please contact us at PO Box 150963, Nashville, TN 37215.
International User Notice
For international users, please note that it may be necessary to transfer your information internationally and, your information may be transferred to and processed in the United States.
Beating Sugar Addiction uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of our information. Please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, managerial, or technical safeguards. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Beating Sugar Addiction, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
Terms And Conditions
The contents of the Beating Sugar Addiction, such as text, graphics, images, information, advice, and recommendations and other material contained in the Site and its materials (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical conditions, nutrition plans, or nutrition supplements. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the internet.